Event Competition Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Australian Street Entertainment People's Choice
- These terms and conditions apply to the Australian Street Entertainment People's Choice SMS voting lines ("SMS Voting Lines") which is operated by Surfers Paradise Alliance ABN 19 097 068 285.
Who can enter
- The voting is open to all attendees of the 2016 Australian Street Entertainment Championships with a device capable of providing SMS services.
When to enter
- The voting commences on Friday 25 March 2016 at 11:00 AEDT and concludes on Monday 28 March 2016 at 18:00 AEST.
How to enter
- To enter, participants must send a text/SMS message to 0488 113 111. Participants will be required to send their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, telephone number and codeword to submit a vote during the promotion period.
- All codewords are the names of performers competing in the 2016 Australian Street Entertainment Championships.
- SMS texting 0488 113 111. Maximum SMS cost is $0.25 per vote (including GST) whether sent during or outside the Promotion Period. For SMS help contact email@example.com
- Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
Number of entries permitted and codewords (unique codes)
- Only one unique code per entry is permitted. Unrecognised codes will not be accepted. Limit of 5 of entries per day / person is permitted.
- Information collected through the SMS Voting Lines may be collected by any member of Surfers Paradise Alliance (referred to as "we", "us", "our") in accordance with these terms and conditions. Surfers Paradise Alliance treats personal data with respect and integrity.
- Any personal data collected under this current SMS Voting Line will be handled in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. After the changes take effect, all new personal data collected, if any, will be subject to the revised Terms and Conditions.
- In addition to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, there may also be specific and additional privacy and data protection provisions that apply to certain sections of this SMS Voting Line, or that apply to you if you are an employee, agent, contractor, or are otherwise employed by a member of Surfers Paradise Alliance (for example, provisions relating to your use of technology). Because those specific and additional provisions also relate to your privacy protection, we recommend that you review them wherever they appear. In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of this SMS Voting Line and those other specific and additional provisions, the specific and additional provisions will prevail.
- The personal data about you which this SMS Voting Line may collect includes:
- information collected when you vote, which may include personal data such as your name and contact details;
- the content of electronic forms you submit via this SMS Vote, requesting us to provide services or information, or take actions;
- information input or submitted to online facilities such as search tools, games and registrants;
- personalisation preferences you select as you use the SMS Voting Line;
- information submitted if you participate in an online survey or competition; and
- any messages or comments you submit to us via this SMS Voting Line, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number.
Use and disclosure of information
- In addition to providing our products and services to you, we may use or disclose personal data that we collect about you for purposes including the following:
- where you have requested it or in accordance with privacy laws, to provide you with information relating to Surfers Paradise Alliance or promotional details about products, events and services that may be of interest to you;
- purposes related to Surfers Paradise Alliance's research (including market research), planning, product and service development, security and testing;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of the event this SMS Voting Line is associated with;
- where Surfers Paradise Alliance suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in Surfers Paradise Alliance.
We use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through the SMS Voting Line as part of our process of constantly improving the process.
- We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of personal data. Unfortunately, no data transmission can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any personal data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to information
- If you wish to request access to any other personal data which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in these Terms and Conditions, please refer to the "Contact details" section below.
Please contact our office using the details set out below if you wish to:
- ask any questions or provide feedback about these Terms and Conditions;
- make a request for access to any personal data that we may hold about you; or
- make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal data.
Any information that we provide in response may be limited to the extent permitted by any applicable law.
Phone: Outside of Australia dial: +617 5584 3700
From Australia dial: (07) 5584 3700
Fax: (07) 5538 8210
Mail: Surfers Paradise Alliance
Level 3 (rooftop), Surfers Paradise Transit Centre
10 Beach Road
Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217