Magic Millions Barrier Draw
The sun will rise over the 2018 Magic Millions Carnival on Tuesday, 9 January when the Magic Millions Barrier Draw takes centre stage on the Surfers Paradise Foreshore from 6am.
The foreshore will be a hive of activity with food and beverage options available for purchase from a variety of food stalls from 6am. Come down and enjoy a range of breakfast food stalls featuring Fraiche Kitchen, Salt Meats Cheese, Surfers Paradise Surf Life Saving Club and Oporto. To view the full range of breakfast specials on offer, including FREE COFFEE click here.
At approximately 8am, all eyes will turn towards the ocean for the spectacle of several thoroughbreds with champion jockeys on board galloping down the pristine sands of Queensland’s most iconic beach, Surfers Paradise. The connections of every runner in the 2018 $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic field will arrive in style before randomly choosing the barrier from which their horse will start on raceday, Saturday 13th January. The barrier draw for the $2 million Gold Coast Magic Millions Guineas will be drawn shortly afterwards at approximately 8:45am.
- 6:00am Food and beverage market
- 6:00am Live radio broadcast
- 6:30am Practice horse run
- 7:30am VIP guests, owners and trainers arrive
- 8:00am Main horse run
- 8:40am Barrier Draw for the 2018 $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic
- 9:00am Barrier Draw for the 2018 $2 million Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Guineas
- 9:30am Event concludes
- Date: 9 January 2018
- Address: Surfers Paradise Beach